Tuesday 3 March 2009

Heroes and Villains

My current obsessions include..




Leonard Cohen

"There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in."
Leonard Cohen


Albert Camus

"We always deceive ourselves twice about the people we love - first to their advantage, then to their disadvantage."
Albert Camus

My on going favourtie....


Charles Bukowski

"Some people never go crazy, What truly horrible lives they must live."
Charles Bukowski

The two best films I've seen recently are Nuts In May (Mike Leigh, 1976) and Wish You Were Here (David Leland, 1987). Both very British affairs and both extremely funny. Shiv and Dave pointed me in the direction of the second one and Nuts In May is an old favourite of Martin's. Go Watch both of them, NOW!


3 comments:

  1. Ooh... like the look of Nuts in May x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Dave would love it for sure. I'd say I'd get Martin to lend it to you, but in true Martin style he only has it on a V2000 Cassette tape i.e. the medium used BEFORE vhs. Ha, Classic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leonard Cohen is my constant obsession! I went to see him at the Albert hall a couple of months ago, supurb! (Loving reading your blog!) x

    ReplyDelete